Monday, April 10, 2006

Quilty Thoughts & Board Game Bonanza

I'm still on my quilting hiatus, lol. I know, I know...is there such a thing? Yes. I'm on a break until May. There's just too much going on with the new gig and needing to wrap up the edits for the third Dark Dreams anthology. Add travel in a few days and this month's gone "Goodbye."

Don't think I don't have all sorts of "Oooo" and "Aaah" ideas running through my mind. I'm definitely taking my sketchbook with me when I take the train down to Charleston, South Carolina next week. I will definitely have enough time to think and draw. I will take my sashiko sampler with me though and maybe some other things I can hand piece. I'm starting up an Etsy online store soon, but I need inventory first. Hmm...

I got into playing board games with my husband. Karoda, knowing your epic games with your family, you will be delighted to know that he now hates to play Scrabble with me...and let's not even start talking about how he feels about playing Boggle, LOL. Word games aren't his thing. The game Risk, however, has been going on for into the third week now--the two of us --along with his cousin--battling it out to conquer the world, LOL. I haven't played board games in years. Too much fun.

2 comments:

Karoda said...

Risk has certainly changed! I don't recall world domination as the aim, I'll have to check that out hehehehe...but, I've had a loosing streak that I can't break in Scrabble. I've enjoyed years of reigning as ScrabbleQueen so I just don't know whats up? The pressure was on a few weeks ago when my brother and I met at a coffee house to play...I was not about to suffer public humiliation! He won 2 out of 3, but at least I won 1. :)

Karoda said...

Enjoy your trip to Charlestown...I love that city!