Thursday, April 27, 2006

I'm Back from the Lowcountry!





I love Charleston. Such a gorgeous city on the water. No matter how many times I visit I still feel the same way. A city with islands connected by bridges everywhere. How could I not love it?

Above are photos of the old Cooper River Bridge ("Two Lanes O' Terror" as I liked to call it) that they're tearing down in sections and a view of the new Ravenel Bridge from the Battery downtown. Cool, isn't it? The middle picture is of the swings at Waterfront Park. Such a nice place to chill and swing and watch the waterbirds (and sometimes dolphins if you're lucky!) The pineapple fountain at the bottom is from there too. The picture with the candle is at the Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon, where George Washington was feted upstairs and political prisoners during the British siege suffered downstairs. We (and our stepmom) especially enjoyed the tour of the exchange & dungeon.

I've got more pics to share tomorrow Enjoy!

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Welcome back, Elle!

I love the photos, especially that gorgeous fountain. I've never been to Charleston, but have always wanted to see it. Looking foward to seeing more of your photos!

Gerrie said...

Thanks for the nostalgia. We lived in Wilmington, NC for six years and visited Charleston as often as possible - sometimes just for the day!!