Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On a Good Note...

a detail from one of Winifred's quilts...

First, I'd just like to thank everyone for their encouraging comments about yesterday's post. It's always hard to go through days like that, but I understand that my talent makes me so much more than that job. That will be what gets me out of it. It's just a matter of time...

On a really good note, another member of my Uhuru Quilters Guild, Winifred Wallace, has also been accepted into Carolyn Mazloomi's "Jazz" exhibit. I've talked about her work in this blog before and it really is stunning. I just wanted to say "Congrats!" to her.

3 comments:

Karoda said...

Elle, I think I met her this past July at the Design and Quilt Symposium that Juanita coordinates. I liked her work and tell her congratulations!

Deb R said...

Is the quilt you show the one going to the exhibit? Or a different one. I really like the one you show. It has a lively energy!

jenclair said...

I love the colors and the variety of shapes in this quilt - it has that "I will be much loved and a source of comfort" feel.