Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Winifred's Fabulous Quilts




At our guild, one of our members--Winifred Wallace--gave a lecture on machine embellishment and her work is phenomenal! She really should enter more shows or something! Her pieces are always beautifully done and her techniques are on point. Sometimes you can't tell her embellishments from the original pattern of the fabric and one fabric she used so well, I expected it to be crinkly with wrinkles, but when I touched it, it wasn't. Fabulous work...

3 comments:

Deb R said...

Those are wonderful, Elle! Especially that top one. I just know it's the kind of work that you need to see in person to do it justice. You're right, she should be entering shows.

Jen said...

Wow, this is so fabulous I wish I could see it and touch it. I am still learning about how to do machine embelishment, but I am in love with the texture. Jen

jenclair said...

These are gorgeous! Love them.