Saturday, October 22, 2005

Thoughts on Quilting

with Yeoman Warders (Beefeaters) at the Tower of London. They were very nice.

Today was one of those days that kinda whizzed by--which was good. I've been thinking of quilt designs, trying to feel which one I want to do next. I think I'll do a small one. Ease myself back into quilting since it's been almost 2 months now.

People are pretty surprised when I say I'm a quilter. I don't know what they're expecting, but I get the feeling I'm not it, lol. Then I show them pics of my work and they totally get it and get why I do it and see it for the art that it is and that's good. Definitely. I often see other quilters' work and I am blown away by the sheer beauty or complexity of their work. How the simplest piece could be very intricate. There's always someone else's work who makes me catch my breath. Isn't it cool the things that creativity makes us do?

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hello :)) you've got me intrigued now :D ... go on... let me see some of your quilting, pretty please... or did Ijust not look in the right place. (lovin ur blog)