Thursday, October 20, 2005

La Tour Eiffel



J'aime la Tour Eiffel!

Sipping cocoa and eating a chocolate crepe at the base of the Eiffel Tower was like the fulfillment of a dream. I was once a kid in the hood, just dreaming of seeing fabulous places like Paris and London and I'd imagine being at the Eiffel Tower. I was a bookish child, always reading. Books were my escape and the contrasts to what awaited me outside my front door. I always saw myself as doing and seeing more than my environment and there I was--watching the sun go down and its lights coming on golden and beautiful. And when it started twinkling, I almost cried because it was so gorgeous, but I didn't want the guys to tease me. I don't know if they'll ever know how much it meant for me to be there.

3 comments:

Rian said...

Oh, Elle, tres magnifique! Cocoa and chocolate crepes by the Eiffel Tower. It doesn't get any better than that! I know that feeling of being so overwhelmed by something and how meaningful it is just to be there. I had that experience last month at the terracotta army at Xian. I cried. It's wonderful to be able to be moved so deeply. Savor those moments.

PaMdora said...

Wonderful photos! Dream on!

Deborah Boschert said...

Those experiences fuel new dreams! You deserve it. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures and the memory.