Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Back in the States...Darn...

Well, I'm back home in the States again. It's crazy to think that just this morning I was riding on the Tube and now I'm back at my home computer tiktak-ing away. I had a very very comfortable flight back and the guys are always good for great conversation. I somehow always manage to spill liquids on myself in the plane and go the bathroom 5000 times. It's so sad.

What will I miss the most about Europe besides my new friends? The casual sense of life meaning more than work. Even in the busiest city (London), we were never rushed while eating or drinking. People seem to know how to live life more--especially in Spain. Everyday I yearn for that type of daily life and I don't know how to reconcile it with my reality. One of the guys wondered how things will be different to, and for, us when we return. If anything, I think it has seriously altered my perspective by making me realize that I really do have so much to offer the world, why am I shortchanging myself?

You just don't come home from a trip like this unaffected...

1 comment:

Karoda said...

Wow Elle, I've been reading your entries and it must be a serious adjustment...but there is a Buddhist proverb I once read that says "before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water; after enlightenment, chop wood and carry water" This can be interpreted many ways, but I sense that the change takes place internally and we bring new eyes to seeing our daily environment and responsibilities.

hangeth in, and I'm looking forward to pictures.