Tuesday, July 26, 2005

No Lightning Bolt and a Happy Ending!

My day seemed suck-y: went to the dentist and had some work done (ow), locked my keys in the ignition of my car and had to wait 3 hours for them to pop it (boo), and the postcard thing (ow).

Then I got a great email from Virginia that totally made up for the rest of the day. When she actually received the postcard, she found it to be way prettier than the scanned pic of it. (Oops. Lesson learned about the power of your pictures). Turns out there was a patron who had wanted to participate and had missed it. She thought it was beautiful too and bought it. Yay! Happy ending for all and I'm glad I was able to contribute after all.

This is the first time I have ever sold anything quilt-related and I'm so glad that it was for such a good cause!

3 comments:

Deb R said...

Yay for happy endings! And I hope your teeth feel ok. Dentists....shudder!!

Debra said...

Yay for happy endings. I felt the same way when my first card sold...

Dentists... yuck. Mine gets to torment me a couple weeks...

Karoda said...

Ahhh, see, the blues don't last always ;) the sun shone in your back door this day ;)