Friday, July 22, 2005

Fun Fun Fun


I've been experimenting with Dye Na Flow. "Experimenting" meaning "I have no idea what I'm doing." Thought I might do something bold and bright for the background of Jazz Quilt. That center spot is where her head will be. I tried to make it so that the colors would go around her. I wanted nice purples and blues and green and this is what I came up with. My husband walked into the room where it's hanging and said, "Ohmigod, it's beautiful!" Hubbies are so cool. It kind of reminds me of the hand-dyed dress I brought back from Senegal. Next time I'll try not to have so much white in it. Oops. Live and learn.

2 comments:

laura said...

wow. it's vibrant and seems perfect for the Jazz quilt.
what joy, all this color.
love the rant about "to blog or...". agree with you too, but even if i didn't, i like the way you think and write. big grin.

Frances said...

so who's a clever chick, wow it's fabulous and perfect for Jazz,
really enjoying seeing this work develope,

if this is your first dyed fabric looking forward to seeing more, your a natrual,

loved the 'green' thumb tooo!!!!