Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A-ha!



I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to mark my quilt. Since it's painted, I didn't want to use anything that needed to wash out. No water, you know? Time-sensitive ones don't work for me either as I might not get to it right away. So, I bought a large pad of tracing paper just like the one above (My 12-year old cousin: "WOW. That's huge!") and I'm going to draw the design on there and use my hera marker instead. Ta-da.

Problem solved. Maybe.

I'll let you know how it turns out...

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

Elle - how does the hera marker work? I woud love to have a method that doesn't need wah out!! Mrs Mel uses a sliver of soap and then wipes it off with a damp cloth.

Deb Hardman said...

I love the Hera marker. I teach a freemotion Minimal Marking Machine Quilting class, & the Hera is my favorite way to mark. It makes a neat little crease mark, that stays long enough to quilt it, & doesn't show if you make a mistake, just a little iron or time will make it go away. I like the one that has a long pointy end opposite the creaser, instead of the handle like in your picture. It can be used for pushing out points or as a bodkin.