Thursday, September 15, 2005

Of Best Friends and Goddaughters



Well, I still don't have my Chicago pics yet, but I do have two for you. One of me with my best friend Kay. It was so good to see her again. It had been 1 1/2 years! Way too long. Her husband (who is my husband's best friend) went to GW w/me and is now a professor of African studies at Northwestern U. We always have such a good time together that it sucks that we don't live closer to one another. We are also both writers. We have been thinking about starting a small press together to publish some non-fiction and fiction work. We talked about it some and it really seems do-able. We're talented and smart. We can do this!

The other picture is of me with her daughter Rudi--my goddaughter. Her little sister Judi (also my goddaughter), who is almost 2, was a furious ball of energy running around on her tiptoes and making astute observations. She's hilarious and has a middle name that's a combo of mine and my husband's. I'll have pics of her and the city soon.

1 comment:

Deb R said...

Rudi is adorable. Love the tiara!! :-)