Thursday, August 11, 2005

Time Management

While I am super-organized at work, I fear I am slipping in that department in terms of my outside pursuits. I usually pride myself on never missing deadlines, but lately, I've really been bad. I realized I've missed two major activities for my children's books local chapter, I barely made that jazz quilt deadline recently, and totally missed the deadline for something else--assuming it was due on the 15th. I have let major opportunities slip by because I just haven't been noticing the time. I have a PDA, I use Outlook's calendar and still!

I've been really ill lately and that has thrown me off more than anything as I haven't had the inclination to do what I need to. Quilting's probably the only thing I've been very good about. I'm so disappointed in myself for not keeping better track of my life. After all, its my "outside" interests that I wish were really my career. How is that supposed to happen if I'm not paying as much attention to them as I should?

No comments: