Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Stitchin' Away

Well,

I finished both "Starbirth: Lagoon Nebula" & "Starbirth: Swan Nebula" and tossed in a postcard one called "Nebula Clouds" for good measure. I've started working on "Tish Groove" again--adding the wide borders (which my husband called "party lights"), which I used the wax pastels on. I quilted the central figure down and I'm happy with it because God knows I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most careful of stitchers--especially when doing free-motion.

I was originally going to enter it into the European Patchwork show, but the slides are due July 9th. Um, it's June 29. I dunno, y'all. It's not even so much my finishing it as getting the darn digital files into slides and back and off to France in time. Darn! It would've been perfect for the "rhythm & blues" theme. Dang. Whoa...that's a lot of "dang" and "darns" in this, LOL. Next time huh?

3 comments:

Deb R said...

And that is why I wish ALL shows would start allowing digital entries in addition to slides. And not just digital entries on CDs but emailed-in digital files. I just sbmitted a quilt to the Chandler exhibit that way and it was SO wonderfully easy!!

Can't wait to see photos of them finished!

Becky said...

LOL Elle, you sound just like me! I also wish all shows would take digital entries (procrastinator extroirdinaire that I am). Ah, but would I really get things done even then? Naaaah. I love my crayons...ahem...pastels. My local art stores didn't carry them, so I had to order them from dickblick.com. The ones on my site are the medium set. There is a huge set of all the colors they make...which I lusted after...but one can only spend so much!!!

Robyn said...

I have been making art for quite some time but have only just come back to patchwork after more years than I am prepared to mention here. I was looking for a reference to using neocolor on fabric as demonstrated in that same magazine article that you read and came across your blog. I am looking forward to seeing a photo of the finished article of your second Nebula quilt. I will return to see what you produce next. Fabulous!

Cheers,
Robyn
Sydney, Australia
Scratches & Scribbles