Thursday, June 16, 2005

And my answer was...

My cousin Tish (of "Tish Groove" fame--yup, she's real) came over last night. Looking at my newest piece and "Tish Groove", she said, "You are so awesome. Hey, how many quilts are you going to make?!"

My answer, "As many quilts as I have ideas and can possibly physically create."

I know that so many of you can relate to that feeling where the idea and the creation of it finally sync up. You can almost feel it all the way down into your bones because you are seeing it so clearly. It makes me so happy to see it become reality and the response it elicits in others.

For everyone out there making beauty and thought-provokers, "Keep on creating."

3 comments:

Jen said...

Elle,
I have really enjoyed seeing and hearing about all that you are working on. I understand that feeling of excitement! Don't you wish there were more hours in a day? Jen

Deb R said...

I've frequently heard the "what are you going to do with that?" question about my quilts, but "how many are you going to make?" is a new one. How funny!

Speaking of Tish Groove, how is that one going?

Gerrie said...

I used to get the how many are you going to make from my husband, but he has now stopped. He knows there is no answer!