Friday, February 23, 2007

New Guitar

Two years ago I made a declaration about how it had never occurred to me to pick up an instrument now and try to learn it--and how I would try. I proclaimed to someone else that I would learn classical guitar and play Spanish classics.

I must now eat my words and do it. I have fantastic software and will probably take lessons too. I've found that I love it and look forward to it, even just basic chord playing. It feels so good to play an instrument again.

I went to a guitar shop last Sunday. I bought a basic Yamaha C40 classical acoustic, because I wasn't sure if I'd like it so I wasn't breaking the bank on a first guitar. It has a nice sound to it though. That's it above...

2 comments:

laura west kong said...

I love classical guitar! I should dig mine out of the closet and see if I remember anything.

ChiyoDad said...

I just started on classical guitar and am experimenting with other styles as I go along. Good luck and keep tabs on your progress!