Monday, February 20, 2006

"Being Negative" Quilt Challenges

I will be done with "Being Negative" tomorrow. I handquilted that central image and the smaller ones and freemotioned the rest of it. Once I back it, I'm attaching the smaller images via needle weaving--something new for me. Only problem is that I have no idea how to hang it as it would be from the top, smaller images. Any suggestions?

I intentionally quilted the central image in a way that would leave it a little full and poufy. I wanted it to have a more 3D-ish effect to make the lying on a pillow part really stand out. I am going to submit this to the PAQA-South "Images" exhibit. I see a FedEx-ed entry in my future as the deadline's Friday, LOL.

1 comment:

Diane Doran said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! I just got my Images entry off today - I figure if it can't get to N.C. from MD in 3 days it wasn't meant to be.