Friday, December 02, 2005

G'ma Quilt Beginning

For the sake of brevity, I'm nicknaming "Hope I'm Never As Old As You"--the quilt about my grandmom--"G'ma".

Anyways...as you can see, I've isolated the image and printed it poster-style on 4 sheets. I'm aiming for about a 30 x 40" quilt--about 2/3 the size of "Jazz." I'm not really big on working larger and that one (Jazz) felt large to me. It was 40 x 46". Not huge, I know, but it was to me.

Next up is turning the coffee table into a lightbox and drawing it onto its fabric. I'll keep you all posted.

4 comments:

Deb R said...

Yay! I love seeing in-progress photos!

Gerrie said...

This is going to be fabulous. I just know it.

mary m. said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress, Elle!

Deborah said...

Ah yes, the coffee table light box. Necessity is the mother of invention. Can't wait to see more.