Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away!

It has been raining and storming like crazy for the past couple of days! Thursday night, a crack of lightning so loud and bright woke me up. It was a pretty scary storm with lightning touching down everywhere and the thunder booming. I don't get scared by storms, but this one was pretty unnerving. Just flashes of white over and over again. When I spoke to other folks about it, they all said the same thing, that they had been awakened and it was very scary. Wow.

Our home had a mini-flood in the basement earlier. I just happened to be walking by our back room and saw the water flowing in. I screamed "Water!" and my husband and I sprang into action and caught it just in time. And they say it supposed to keep this up for a few more days. Yikes.

No comments: