Thursday, February 24, 2005

Make Like Nike...

...and just do it.

At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself. Lately I've been on this thing where I'm hesitating about cutting into my fabric. Does anyone else have this problem? Perhaps it's what drives that quest to keep buying more. I remember going with my grandfather, who was a tailor, into a fabric store as a child. I loved buying fabric. "You're going to make me broke buying out the store," he'd say, but he bought it anyway. I would sew the most beautiful clothing for my Barbies. Fancy slinky evening gowns, full skirted ballgowns, blouses and slim pants. Even then, I loved to take a needle and thread and create.



Sometimes I think you get so hung up on the technicalities of it all that you forget that kid who just liked to go for it.

No comments: